Radio: Forretningsfolk fornærmer utlendinger
Norgesglasset / NRK: Dårlig engelsk skaper problemer for norske bedrifter.
www1.nrk.no . . .
Video: Vocational Education in Germany
Germany has a reputation for providing some of the best vocational training in Europe. This programme follows three young people in Bremen at various stages in their education.
teachers.tv . . .
English at Work
But did you know that English may be important in your job, too? More and more companies do business with other countries. Norwegians go abroad and foreigners come here to work. All this is part of something called globalisation.
Many people think Norwegians are really good at English. But is this really true? A new report shows something different. 664 companies were asked about problems with English, and here are the results:
– Almost one third had not presented their products outside Norway
– Nearly 40 per cent did not get to sign contracts
– Four out of ten had been unable to keep a normal conversation going
– Nine in twenty had got something other than what they ordered
– 55 per cent had insulted customers
a quarter en fjerdedel / ein fjerdedel
to go abroad å reise utenlands / å reise utanlands
to sign å underskrive
to insult å fornærme